Make Your Own! Save money, the planet, and feel like a rockstar!
Years ago my passion for environmental sustainability meant I started making my own, well, lots of things. Washing powder, shampoo, conditioner, lip balm… It was fun. It was novel. It was too time consuming. Well, actually it wasn’t, but I moved on to other things and just told myself it was too hard. Truthfully it was mainly because my, ahem, ‘partner’ at the time was an asshole and complained about my homemade goodies, constantly moaned and groaned about them being stupid. And I was too weak and co-dependent to stand up to him. I did eventually, and kicked him straight. to. the. restraining order. But I digress. That’s another tale for another day.
Fast forward to the present. The now. Now I’m…
- caring about my health and determined to get rid of as many nasties from my life as I can.
- unapologetically a crunchy greenie, and determined to help rid as many nasties from the Earth’s environment as I can.
- angry at our capitalist society which brainwashes us to consume constantly whilst our health and the planet suffer.
- broke and needing to introduce a whole lotta frugality into our lives.
- in a healthy, supportive relationship with a man who shares my ideals and ethics. Although, even if I wasn’t in that relationship, I’m strong enough in myself now to do whatever the hell I want!
- excited to show y’all how freaking easy it is to make your own… lots of things! Cleaning products, personal products, homewares, gifts, unprocessed healthy ingredients and meals.
But it’s not only easy. It’s fun! It’s quick (don’t believe me? Just wait). It’s empowering. It’s healthy. Food tastes better. Cleaners perform better. No more nasties! And if none of that floats your boat, it’s CHEAP! By making them myself, I now spend less than 5c on some products that used to cost me up to $15 at the supermarket. My friends, those were some very appealing numbers when they boogied onto my brain’s dance floor.
So get your tightarse, frugal, crunchy on, and join me as we make our own. Tomorrow… YOGHURT, or YOGURT for you American visitors 😉 (so incredibly delicious and easy; money back guarantee!*)
*You’ll spend so little money on making it that I have no problem offering a money back guarantee**
**Money back guarantee not legally binding. It’s just a gimmick. I’m broke!
Oh also, do other countries use the word tightarse? Or just Australia? How about tightass? It’s not rude I promise! Just means you don’t like to spend money. Don’t think I’ll use it as a tag though – could get all sorts of cray crays dropping by for a visit!
All images and words by me. All material ©Raw Once More 2013
Posted on April 27, 2013, in Eco-Friendliness and Sustainability, Make Your Own! and tagged Anti-consumerism, Creativity, Destructive Relationships, DIY, Eco-Friendly, Frugality, Health, Home, Home Cleaners, Make Your Own, Nutrition, Personal Products, Save Money, Save the Planet, Simplicity, Sustainability. Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.