Years ago my passion for environmental sustainability meant I started making my own, well, lots of things. Washing powder, shampoo, conditioner, lip balm… It was fun. It was novel. It was too time consuming. Well, actually it wasn’t, but I moved on to other things and just told myself it was too hard. Truthfully it was mainly because my, ahem, ‘partner’ at the time was an asshole and complained about my homemade goodies, constantly moaned and groaned about them being stupid. And I was too weak and co-dependent to stand up to him. I did eventually, and kicked him straight. to. the. restraining order. But I digress. That’s another tale for another day.
Fast forward to the present. The now. Now I’m…
- caring about my health and determined to get rid of as many nasties from my life as I can.
- unapologetically a crunchy greenie, and determined to help rid as many nasties from the Earth’s environment as I can.
- angry at our capitalist society which brainwashes us to consume constantly whilst our health and the planet suffer.
- broke and needing to introduce a whole lotta frugality into our lives.
- in a healthy, supportive relationship with a man who shares my ideals and ethics. Although, even if I wasn’t in that relationship, I’m strong enough in myself now to do whatever the hell I want!
- excited to show y’all how freaking easy it is to make your own… lots of things! Cleaning products, personal products, homewares, gifts, unprocessed healthy ingredients and meals.
But it’s not only easy. It’s fun! It’s quick (don’t believe me? Just wait). It’s empowering. It’s healthy. Food tastes better. Cleaners perform better. No more nasties! And if none of that floats your boat, it’s CHEAP! By making them myself, I now spend less than 5c on some products that used to cost me up to $15 at the supermarket. My friends, those were some very appealing numbers when they boogied onto my brain’s dance floor. Read the rest of this entry
I’m not sure of any other way to share these on wordpress. Any ideas? Meanwhile, enjoy…
Read the rest of this entry
I’ve finally done it! I’ve created a blog, and here I am (admittedly a few days later) making my first post. This is a very.big.deal. This blog has been in my head for about a year now, simmering away, bursting to be free, but being held back by my protective, over-reactive perfectionist brain. There’s a lot of other ideas and projects still stuck in there, straining against the deadlocked door, but somehow Raw Once More slipped through the keyhole and made it onto the page.
And here it is. But what is it? That’s a long way from being clear, and of course that’s one of the reasons why my perfectionist brain didn’t want to release it – it wasn’t fully formed. As in it wasn’t finished. That’s kind of the only way to know exactly what something like this IS – to see it when it’s finished. Logically I know this, but that doesn’t stop Little Miss Perfectionist having her way. So no, I don’t know what it IS, but finally, after all this time, I’m doing it anyway! Read the rest of this entry